BTG Wallet Installation Initialization Error

I downloaded BTC Wallet MacOS DMG V.0.15.0.2 file from https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/ and installed it.
It ran for a few days. Then, after I received the recent macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 security update from Apple the Bitcoingold wallet stopped running. The app quits right after initialization. I don’t know what is causing this.

There is no money in it. I am just reporting it here in case this is more serious than I realize.

Hello @Julio,

thanks for reporting. I will upgrade my MacOS now (will take some time) and test the BTG Wallet afterwards. Please be so kind and report such stuff in our Github Repo.

I’ll keep you updated.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I will remember Github Repo next time.

I have now fully updated my Mac OSX and the wallet is still running without any problems. Could you please open Konsole and try to start the wallet? Maybe this gives some hint about the problem. Look out for crash reports.

What I did do yesterday was to delete the entire BTG Blockchain and wallet and downloaded the whole thing again overnight. About 150 GB worth of it. The reinstalled blockchain is up and running without incident. I have shut it down and restarted it with no problems so far. The problem went away.

I am not a programer and my methodology is rudimentary at best. What I did forward to Apple the self generated crash reports after every incident. I did not keep a copy.

I am self taught newbie.

Hmm, strange. But i’m glad the problem evaporated :smiley:
Anyway, thanks for reporting!