Sweeping for BTG in Bitcoin Gold Core Wallet v0.15.0.2

The Exodus software refused to import my Bitcoin Gold and their support instructed me to install Bitcoin Gold Core Wallet v0.15.0.2 and sweep using my private key. They tell me that I’m trying to send 3-4 years of addresses in one transaction, making the size of the transaction huge because the network needs to merge together all the small inputs you have accumulated over time into one big operation.

I have installed Bitcoin Gold Core Wallet v0.15.0.2, and I can’t find anywhere to sweep for Bitcoin Gold. Please could you point me in the right direction.

Furthermore, I have tried this with the Coinomi wallet and it fails too, with the message, “the transaction is bigger than the networks allows, try sending a different amount.” This is impossible since I have not set a specific amount, just entered a private key. So I think the last resort is Bitcoin Gold Core Wallet v0.15.0.2.

I have searched for similar problems in this forum, but not found a solution I understand.

Thank you for any help thank can solve this.

1 Like

Hey Mate!, thanks for reaching out to us, you can try by first going into the debug window once your wallet has fully finished syncing and type importprivkey followed by your private key, after a quick rescan (10-15 mins or so) it show your accredited BTG after this you can dumpprivkey followed by myaddress which so provide you with your BTG priv key after this you may import into exodus, If you still are having issues after trying this please contact us at [email protected]

2 Likes

Thank you hydra, you have indeed helped, and the value has been imported.
Thank you so much for your help.

3 Likes

your welcome mate have a good one

1 Like