Post of the Month - February Edition

We want to encourage everyone to participate in the development of the project and the growth of our community. So, today, we’d like to tell you all about our first monthly…

Bitcoin Gold Post of the Month Prize!

Everyone is invited to put their best work here on our Forum and have a chance to win some BTG! (and the undying adoration of our Community!)

How does it work?

1. We’ll announce the prize amount around the 1st of each month.
  2. At month’s end, BTG staff will choose up to five finalists.
  3. The Community will vote on the finalists to decide the winners.

What’s the prize?

For February, 2018:

• 1st place: 1 BTG
  • 2nd place: 0.25 BTG
  • 3rd place: 0.1 BTG

(To be awarded sometime in the first two weeks of March.)

Eligibility

• any post or response timestamped within the month is potentially eligible to win, whether or not it was intended as an entry
  • does not have to be BTG-specific, but must be crypto-related in some way
  • cannot contain offensive or hateful speech
  • cannot focus on price speculation (thoughtful discussion on markets and valuations is OK)
  • participants must provide a BTG addresses in their writing to be able to win (can be added later, but before the month ends)
  • BTG Team/Staff are not eligible

(Feel free to edit your work based on feedback from the Community - every good writer knows that their first draft is never their best!)

Selection Criteria

When selecting finalists, at least two members of the Bitcoin Gold Forum team will review all potential winners and select the top five articles based on the following guidelines:

• usefulness to the Community
  • accuracy and trustworthiness
  • number of views
  • likes (Community appreciation)
  • comments (Community engagement)

Voting

The top five items will be posted on Twitter in random order, at roughly the same time, and scored as follows:

• Retweet = 3 points
  • Like = 1 point

We’ll give Twitter seven days - 168 hours - to help us decide the winning order, and then announce the winners and pay out the prizes.

That’s it!

Go ahead and put your best work forward - or just join in the discussion, knowing you have a chance to get some crypto deposits just for participating.

Good luck, everyone!!

Rules and prizes are subject to change each month.

We’ll be watching for a attempts to game the system and reserve the right to address such attempts.

10 Likes

I think a lot of people are unaware that we have an audience, here on the Forum.

We don’t have many posters, responders, & likes, because few people log in… but we have a lot of people reading.

Things posted here on the Forum get read!

8 Likes

That is good to know!! I am impressed with the stats, more than I could imagine.

4 Likes

I’m glad to see this new incentive

4 Likes

Bitcoin gold team are very proactive and caring about their product ,they are on the track to contine the roadmap of the project with lots of improvements.
very nice new logo.
GgJidGBNwMRe2deGqEXZLDw4kZDij1qnvc

4 Likes

:))

7 Likes

Very happy to know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I mean stuff definitely gets read on the forum. The Tutorial I posted now has 1.5k views. Which means people are definitely interested to some degree.

Hopefully this contest can sponsor some more posts like that and help grow the community!

4 Likes

Does the post/article have to be made on this post or can it be anywhere on the forum??? @BTGcomms

1 Like

It should be a standalone post. But if you have a reply with good content, you can make it a standalone post :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Discourse Forum software also has a neat feature for spawning a Linked Topic from within an existing Topic, which can be handy for this exact purpose.

Each post has a small post time indicator on it which is actually a button:

You can use that button to give someone else a URL which goes straight to that post in the Topic. But you can also click on it, and get the option to open a new Topic to continue the particular discussion in that post, like this:

Either way, the post probably shouldn’t be in this particular Topic. This Topic is just for describing the award. The point of the award is to encourage thoughtful work all over the Forum.

Good luck!

there is a hyrolla in the bitcoin gold community thats my aka but has a catch to it
GYjLd9mpVW6N4dAg3RqobupLkViNSHRXzs

Hi! Just to check… must the post be posted as a reply to this thread or can i post it anywhere according to the topic most related to my post?

1 Like

Hello, good question. Your post does not have to be in this thread at all to be considered for the post of the month.

2 Likes

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the prompt reply and have an awesome Sunday!

3 Likes
1 Like

Another reason to love @BTG:

It has higher chances of getting listed on wallets or exchanges than other alt coins.

Take for instance that it will soon be coming to Unocoin in India and is on the Exodus Wallet here.

BTG: GMG5PeYuHhxV6pxuhFEGT8yinmjr6thx1T

2 Likes

too bad for me i already used all the good stuff back on slack when tried to help to add the coin on the exchanges…well lets try kraken this time wish me luck

Well, there haven’t been that many contributions of new content here on the Forums during the first nineteen days of February… this means that this month’s 1 BTG award is still very much “up-in-the-air,” and anyone can win it with a good Topic or discussion in the next nine days!

5 Likes

Hello I made this. Bitcoin Gold for the win!

Edit - forgot my adress: Gbqb6gBh58EF8hzg9eCcDq93A5VbaUdoqJ

Good luck everyone and thanks for liking my drawing.

9 Likes