Fellow miners, Welcome Back! Blackbox here with another mining tutorial.
This time we will be covering another amazing miner. Maybe you have heard of him or maybe not. The program in question is MininZ. Great job and great guy!
So a big shout out to MiniZ!
The really neat thing is that you can even mine Bitcoin Gold with a
Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB card using MiniZ on Windows 10
CRAZY I KNOW !!
Going forward, all my tutorials will I will try to follow the same format to make it as easy as possible to navigate.
In this tutorial we will download, set up and get your computer mining Bitcoin Gold using Windows 10
Note: This is only for Nvidia GPUs. Unfortunately, AMD cards are very poor performers with the 144_5 algorithm.
(1) With that being said what we will need to do first is make sure that your Nvidia drivers are updated. The link is below.
If you’re not quite sure what version of driver you have. here is a how to find
(2) For Windows, 10 there is a zip extraction program, However, if you need another program, I use 7-Zip.
(3) And finally we will need the Mining program from MiniZ
PLEASE NOTE! On MiniZ site you can choose to download cuda 8 or cuda 10
Cuda 10 is for the newer drivers, 411.31 or later. If you have the 10 series GPU with older drivers please download Cuda 8. Keep in mind that the newer RTX ( 20 series) will not run on Cuda 8. You can try both Cuda 8 and 10 for GTX ( 10 Series)
Download page looks like this:
(4) This example, For Windows, we would download and extract
On the popup make sure you SAVE it .
Normally it downloads to your downloads folder, unless you specify where it goes.
(5) To keep track of it, what I do is create a folder on my desktop titled MiniZ.
I then go to the downloads folder locate the MiniZ Zip file , right click, copy and paste it to the newly created folder on your desktop.
Open the folder.
(6) Right click on the file and click extract here or use 7-zip and extract here and this is what it should look like. ( Select Extract Here)
Below is what it should look like after extraction.
There! That part is done.
(7) If you don’t already have a wallet, please check out your options here
Otherwise continue to number 8
(8) You will need to pick a pool to mine from. Here
Perfect! Once this is done, go to the next step.
(9) The only thing left to do is create the .bat file.
( If you have never created a .bat file MiniZ made an amazing tutorial as well. Here)
A nice fresh notepad
Here is where we will create our .bat file .
I used pool.gold as an example. Enter your choice of pool. Type the following in Notepad
When you save it, THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Click on upper left side File and then Save as
File name: minebtg.bat
Save as type: (change to ) All Files
Now all that is left to do is run the program.
Another IMPORTANT NOTE!
You do NOT run the miniZ.exe program.
Instead you click on the minebtg.bat file you had just created.
So, after running the program for a few minutes on a stock GTX 1060 6GB here was my performance.
Also, using Afterburner ( I will be doing a tutorial in the near future) here was the performance. My GTX 1060 6GB ; Power settings 90% and Memory +488
Notice the reduced power consumption with more hashrate between the two pictures. It also runs a little cooler too.
And that is all that is to it!
I would like to thank you for your views and support and look forward to the next post.
And by the way all of my tutorials will also be posted on Youtube going forward.
This has been very exciting for me, so keep an eye out for me and fellow teammates on our Youtube channel.
Hope to chat with you soon!